If you are unsatisfied with the direction of your life, and you would like to begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, consider the specific instructions God has given us on how to become a Christian. Reflect on the following steps and read each scripture passage carefully:
God's Plan of Salvation
- We are all sinners in need of rescue. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
- Remaining in sin leads to eternal death. For the wages of sin [is] death Romans 6:23a
- God provides a means of escape that leads to eternal life. But the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23b
- Jesus is our means of escape. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
- Confess Him as Lord and believe in Him with your whole heart and you will be saved. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9
If you have considered each of these steps, and are now ready to accept Jesus Christ into your heart, would you say the following prayer to God?
Father, I have sinned against you, and have disobeyed your Word. But, today I repent of my sins, turning away from my wickedness, and asking for your forgiveness. I accept Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior, and believe that the power of His blood which was shed on the cross can and will wash away my sins. I pledge to seek your face daily, and allow your will to guide the path of my life. I am yours from this day forward. Cleanse me and use me, Lord. For this I pray in Jesus name. Amen.
If you just said this prayer, and meant it, we congratulate you and welcome you into the family of God. If you would like to speak with someone about this decision, or if you have questions about this matter, then please contact us by phone at (434)572-3547, or by email at email@example.com